Something old, Something new, Something borrowed, Something blue!
It’s is always hard to create space that will look good for years to come...how do you avoid trendiness without ending up with a room that looks boring and old fashioned? We think Serena and Lily nailed it. Let’s break down the elements of design.
· Classic colour - There are not many colours that never really go out of style, but blue is one of them. The mixture of navy with royal keeps it from feeling too matchy-matchy
· Classic shapes - This style of sofa with the rolled arms and a button ottoman are fantastic pieces... good to look at and comfy too. A light coloured linen on the sofa is ALWAYS a winner.
· Modern touches – The carpet could be from 1985, but it works, and the mod sculptural side table keep this space very eclectic and now.
· Contrast – Don't be tempted by beige...Contrast is the key to keeping it sharp and hip. Look at that dark charcoal wall with the white curtains...will never date.
· Great Art – Cannot emphasize enough how some well selected pieces can lift a whole room and say “I'm sophisticated”. Go for original art if possible.
To get the look with Eco Chic, check out our Lewis Ottoman available in any fabric. We also have a great art section with originals and prints to add a splash of colour and sophistication. Our Lily sofa is almost a perfect match to this one...try it in Linen Pebble. We have also just added a fantastic collection of new chandeliers!
(photo by Serena and Lily)