Contemporary & Farmhouse had a love child.... There are no bundles of hay or overly obvious country motifs, yet this room still gives the feeling of being miles from the city. The crisp white walls and furniture bounce light around the room and create a feeling of spaciousness, and of course the ceiling helps! Can we just say Ah-mazing! Now, how do you create this look, you say?
- Dare to go industrial! But be careful not to take it too far. Stick to just a few statement pieces.
- Try to find furnishings made from hand-worked metals like iron or copper, worn timber or even add some rope to give that “rough around the edges” look.
- Too much white can be too Psychiatric Ward! In this room the fireplace does wonders to add that spark of colour. If that’s not possible just add flowers, a rug or ornaments with subtle colour.
- Try wall panelling on all or just one wall, this texture will add interest and give the room an inviting country feel.
- Straight clean lines give this room modern sophistication especially in the upholstered furniture. This simplicity offsets the detailed iron pieces nicely.