There may not be a lot to this space, but what there is, we LOVE! This is a great example of how a few grand gestures can really make a room. What makes this entry foyer so dramatic?
- The orange ceiling, of course! This brave designer has put bright orange grasscloth wallcovering on the ceiling instead of doing the predictable feature wall.
- The contrast – you will never go wrong with a strong black and white theme mixed in with splash of intense colour, and don't be afraid to mix very dark brown woods with the black, it keeps it rich.
- Bold pattern – The fabric on these traditional chairs by Marimekko is both modern and large in scale, but the chairs are relatively small...the combination is unexpected and fun.
- Right size right place – The large mirror and slender furniture is the perfect way to open up the narrow space and make it seem larger.
- Lighting – Entryways are great place for a statement chandelier. This one does the added job of bridging the gap between the modern and traditional themes of the house.